Like a noble phoenix arising from the ashes I have ascended from last place into the top spot this week, thanks to some Byzantine system of tie breakers I'm on top. Well played everybody, we'll see you next week.
1. Genomic Repairman's Keuch'n A$$
2. Parker's Picks by Lisa (first place overall)
3. Odyssey's Odyssey (In the hunt)
4. Randy The Professor
6. Stevie "Don't Call Me Wonder" Walker's Show Me Your TDs
7. SugarScientist's Tumornators
8. PLS's Prognostications (Get your shit together or you won't win this year)
9. Chall's Dreams
10. Bashir's KillaTCells (T cell is still falling man)
11. Alyssa's G-Dawgs picks
12. Todd's Kaepernickpicks
I often listen to music when reading articles or doing a bit of writing. Typically I need music that is amenable to playing in the background and not drawing away my attention from the task at hand. This typically ends up being classical music or movie soundtracks (Tyler Bates, Hans Zimmer, Harry Gregson-Williams), or Brian Eno. I recently purchased the soundtrack to the movie Moneyball and was playing it while writing up some notes today and found it to be fabulous. I really like "The Mighty Rio Grande" by This Will Destroy You.
What do you folks listen to when you read or write, or choose not to in order to concentrate?
There was a slugfest between three people for the top spot but alas PinkGirl came out on top. Congrats to our new champion.
2. Chall's Dreams (Did you take out a lease on second place?)
3. Alyssa's G-Dawgs picks (Huge Rebound)
4. Parker's Picks by Lisa
5. Odyssey's Odyssey (Oh how the mighty have fallen to mediocrity)
6. Todd's Kaepernickpicks
7. Randy The Professor
8. SugarScientist's Tumornators
9. Bashir's KillaTCells (Son your T cell count is falling like your ranking this week...Oh snap!)
10. PLS's Prognostications
11. Genomic Repairman's Keuch'n A$$ (I hate last place but apparently I love being second to last)
12. Stevie "Don't Call Me Wonder" Walker's Show Me Your TDs
Sorry Stephen, Stevie just called to say you forgot to make you picks this week. Better luck next week.
I don't know how many of you have ever heard of or visited the website Reddit. But a few days ago in a section called IAmA where people present who they are and their story. There was a gripping story about a young man in college who contracted HIV from an encounter with someone from Craigslist. So it's not really a peer-reviewed article but its interesting to hear this guy's story and how he is dealing with being HIV positive. If you get a chance, check it out.
Its time to run down fantasy football week one. The big winner this week is Odyssey, well done sir and a strong showing by Chall, best start that you ever had I believe. PLS is proof of how the mighty have fallen. And a strong showing by the newbies, Lisa, Stephen, Todd, and PinkGirl are off to a great start.
1. Odyssey's Odyssey
2. Chall's Dreams
3. Parker's Picks by Lisa
4. Stevie "Don't Call Me Wonder" Walker's Show Me Your TDs
5. Todd's Kaepernickpicks
7. Bashir's KillaTCells
8. PLS's Prognostications
9. SugarScientist's Tumornators
10. Genomic Repairman's Keuch'n A$$
11. Alyssa's G-Dawg's Picks
What up ladies, sons and duns! I'm going to be in Houston, TX from October 24 to the 27th for the Fanconi Anemia Research Fund Annual Symposium. So if anyone in that neck of the woods wants to say hey and grab a beer let me know.
That's right folks, the season is upon us. Time to fire up the Google machine and start checking the Vegas lines, its time for the 2013 fantasy football challenge. Just as a reminder, you don't pick individual players, you pick the games against the point spreads in what's called a pick 'em league. If you are interested in joining, comment me, email me (see the about page), or tweet me to get on the list. Lets have another fun time this year and see who can go toe to toe with PLS.
I think about the dumbest things when I run!