What are you listening to...podcasts

Jan 11 2016 Published by under Uncategorized

So I'm trying to broaden my podcast horizons and wanted to know what everyone else is listening to. My list of what I listen to while I do some of the more mundane tasks in the lab are:

-Tony Kornheiser Show (long time loyal little)
-Tim Ferriss Show
-Monday Morning Podcast w/ Bill Burr
-Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
-Stuff You Should Know
-Reasonable Doubt w/ Adam Carolla and Mark Geragos
-Radiolab
-Serial
-Bertcast
-Tell 'Em Steve-Dave (occasionally)

So let me know what you are listening to.

Tags:

• Liam says:

Here are a few of my favourites by catagory
    General:
    Reply all - supposed to be about the Internet, but it ends up being one of the best podcasts around

Reveal- investigative journalism, I just started on this but it seems promising

Music:
    Switched On Pop - if you want to know about the music theory and song writing that goes into today's pop music

Song explder - more about the song writing process than the song it self

Politics:
    Slate political gabfest - conversation between three smart people about current politics

The Weeds- focused on policy and evidence more than current politics

Science:
    You are not so smart - dedicated to all the ways we fool our selves

On Your Mind - discussions of graduate student life, science news, policy, and a recent neuroscience paper (full disclosure I host this one, but all the more reason it's my faveourite)

• Big Tony Kornheiser fan over here as well... as is my 8 month old, making him one of the littlest littles.

In addition to Stuff You Should Know, Radiolab, and Serial, my other weekly listens are TED Radio Hour, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, This American Life, and then sometimes Fresh Air if I'm interested in the guest.

• E rook says:

The Nerdist - produces a ton of content, only have time for half
    Reply All
    Slate's: political gabfest, mom & dad are fighting (even though I don't have kids, I think it's interesting), culture gabfest
    Skeptic's Guide to the Universe (running for 10 years without missing a week, pretty well produced, some great interviews about 5x/ yr when they record from a conference usually)
    On the Media - Brooke Gladstone is a great interviewer

• respisci says:

try Undisclosed, the follow up to Serial but dealing more with the legal issues and delving deeper into some of the evidence

• MODCur says:

A few suggestions (mostly humor)
    Welcome To Night Vale - absurd and wonderful fiction, I saw a review that called it Prairie Home Companion crossed with Stephen King
    The Dollop - American history as told by one comedian to another

• Sopscientist says:

Planet money

• genomicrepairman says:

Holy crap, thanks for all of the suggestions. I'm going to slowly but surely check them out.

• chall says:

In case you are still looking for something?

Good job brain - silly trivia show from SF
    Criminal - short (20-30mins) documentaries about crime/vicitms
    Bill Maher - I don't have cable so I can't see his show on tv. It's hit or miss, but fun for shorter times.