Can we hit the reset button on society or at least music?

Jun 08 2012 Published by under Music, Uncategorized

• odyssey says:

I'm confused. What does Nicki Minaj have to do with music?

• Counter: Mumford & Sons,

Weep for yourself, my man,
    You'll never be what is in your heart
    Weep Little Lion Man,
    You're not as brave as you were at the start
    Rate yourself and rake yourself,
    Take all the courage you have left
    Wasted on fixing all the problems
    That you made in your own head

However, I'd like to take autotune away from everyone who uses it for anything but Cher-esque effects.

• wizzard says:

I offer you this:

• B says:

+1 to wizzard. What a ridiculous comparison. You don't even have to go as far as Disco Tex - Zeppelin's lyrics are not all exactly shining with brilliance. Take D'yer Mak'er -

Ay ay ay ay ay ay
    All those tears I cry ay ay ay ay ay
    All those tears I cry ay ay ay ay ay
    Baby please don't go.
    When I read the letter you wrote, it made me mad mad mad
    When I read the words that it told me, it made me sad sad sad.
    But I still love you so, I can't let you go
    I love you- ooh baby I love you.

or Black Dog -
    Hey hey baby when you walk that way
    Watch your honey drip, can't keep away.
    Oh yeah, oh yeah, ah, ah, ahh.
    Oh yeah, oh yeah, ah, ah, ahh.
    I gotta roll, can't stand still,
    Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill.

• Hermitage says:

Bop bopa-a-lu a whop bam boo
    Tutti frutti, oh Rudy
    Tutti frutti, oh Rudy
    Tutti frutti, oh Rudy
    Tutti frutti, oh Rudy
    Tutti frutti, oh Rudy
    A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo

XD.

• physioprof says:

This post is bullshitte. Because you could have easily selected Led Zeppelin lyrics that are just as meaningless and repetitive and prurient as that other song.

• Darwin says:

Isn't "hoe" the gardening tool?

• boba says:

Yeah the lyrics of those Zep tunes may be bad, but that Jimmy Page riff in Black Dog (not to mention Dy'er Maker) is Rock and Roll 101, a foundation course in electric guitar. As to the guitar in Thank You, well some of the best around. And this was 1969, not 1975. (and LZ II had: Whole Lotta Love, Heatbreaker, Ramble On it as well) The real question is in 40 years time, what will people be listening to and what will you be embarrassed to say you listened to. We all listened to something as saccharine as Wham! or Madonna, which after 10 years sinks into dustbins.
    That said, time for something from 1972... Kashmir!

• D. C. Sessions says:

Funny you should bring that up. Yesterday the murky depths of Pandora burped up teh 16-minute version of Iron Butterfly's InnaGoddaDaVida. (Oddly enough, I was in the mood for it -- but mostly because that was MY generation's bad music.)

Sturgeon was right -- but like evolution, time filters out the worst.