Social Activism and Sweet Tea

Aug 02 2012 Published by under Evil, Sweet Tea

Ok so here is my take of Chick Fil A.  Dan Cathy is allowed to spout off at the mouth about what he believes just like any of us.  He has the right to steer his dollars to whatever organization he wants.  But he does not have a right to my business.

When you start donating money to campaigns that are against my friends, then its over with.  You aren't getting my business any longer.  And this is painful to me because I like many other southerners am a fan of sweet tea.  And CFA had great sweet tea, especially since the only other sweet tea around where I live would make your damn left foot off from diabetes.  But I am a principled man and thus am now boycotting you.

So its going to suck not having their sweet tea but I stand up for my friends and against douchebags.  As Odyssey said, those of us that say nothing quietly condone what is happening and I'll be damn if I condone one bit of it.

Now if you'll excuse me I must go find another suitable purveyor of my beverage of choice.

• scicurious says:

Yup. This.

Also, sweet tea. I make mine with 1 c sugar/1 gal tea. Make your own?

• anony mouse says:

That's extremely stupid. As if sacrificing a source of sweet tea anywhere near approaches how serious of a response is warranted against what this mofo is doing. Complete perspective fail.

• Isabel says:

"As Odyssey said, those of us that say nothing quietly condone what is happening and I'll be damn if I condone one bit of it."

This is what I've been saying! Now, if the Scientopians could just apply this philosophy to other strong drives that humans desire to satisfy in diverse ways.....especially when in other situations people are being arrested and their futures derailed.

• Isabel says:

Oh, the irony of it all...

• Isabel says:

Posted on Fb today:

NORML
      Through it all the war on drugs rages on. How do we let it happen? How do our presidents and politicians who know better let it happen? Why are we in the 41st year of the merciless sacrifice of the innocents? Why do we sacrifice millions of lives to a war that cannot be won?

And perhaps, most importantly, what have we sacrificed in ourselves that allows us to turn away from this crime against humanity day after day?

-Lawrence O’Donnell, MSNBC

• Tony says:

Thank you for this. It's been an emotionally draining day and I'm tired of hearing from CFA supporters and other theists that I-and other LGBTQ people-are immoral and sinful. Hearing from someone who is principled enough to stop patronizing an establishment that violates their core principles brightens the day a bit more.